Skip Navigation Documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,download Adobe® Acrobat Reader.
United Local Credit Union. Built By Hard-Working People

Tax Information

General Information

ULCU will provide our members with all required tax documents by mail. Most notices will be mailed no later than 01/31/2024. Please see below for information on tax forms. 

1099-INT - You will receive a 1099-INT if you received $10.00 or more in interest during 2023. This is the total of interest received, including your savings, checking, money market and CD account dividends. 

1098 - you will receive a 1098 if you PAID more than $600.00 in interest on a real estate loan in 2023. This includes first and second mortgage loans. Only interest paid on real estate loans is tax deductible. You will NOT receive tax forms for any other type of loan*

If you wish to files your taxes early, you can find this information on the last page of your December 2023 Account Statement

IRA Tax Forms

1099-R - You will receive a 1099-R if you received a distribution of $10.00 or more from your Traditional, Educational or Roth IRA Savings, CD or combination of the two in 2023. Any taxes that have already been paid will be reflected on your 1099-R.

5498 - You will receive a 5498 if you have made any contributions to a Traditional, Educational or Roth IRA Savings or CD.  If you did not make any contributions in 2023, you will not receive a 5498.

     IRA Contributions for 2023 can be made until 04/15/2024. If you are making a  contribution for the prior year, please be sure to inform our staff at the time of the contribution

Since the contribution window is open until 04/15/2024, 5498 Forms will not be mailed out until May 2024. 

Filing Information & Helpful Links

Taxes can be filed directly with the State of California Franchise Tax Board and directly with the IRS at no charge.

IRS Interactive Tax Assistant - Provided free of charge by the IRS to answer a wide variety of federal tax questions. 

FTB Online Help - For California filers needing assistance with California tax related questions. 

*United Local Credit Union is not a licensed tax advisor. For any and all questions regarding taxes we recommend asking a licensed professional tax advisor.